Chongqing University of Technology is a higher educational institution that was established almost 75 years ago. On September 18, 1940, the 11th Technical School of the Department of War Industry, which was attached to the No. 21 Arsenal Factory, was founded thus beginning Chongqing University of Technology proud and illustrious history.
In April of 1950, No. 21 Arsenal Factory began to undergo a series of name changes as the mission and size of the school began to grow. First the school was renamed the SMACID (Southwest Military Administrative Committee Industry Department) Industrial School. Other names used during this period were the Southwest First Industrial School and the Chongqing First Machine Building Industrial School. In 1957, the Kunming Instrument Making Industrial School was incorporated into SMACID and in 1960 the school was renamed the Chongqing Industrial School.
Under the authority and consent of the State Education Commission, in 1965 the Chongqing Industrial School was renamed the Chongqing Industrial College under the fifth Ministry of Machine Building and in 1986; another name change was made to reflect its growing educational status and national importance to the Chongqing Institute of Industrial Administration. The latter changes saw the Chongqing Industrial College integrated as a part of the China Weapon Industry Corporation in 1991 and an affiliation with the Ministry of Ordinance Industry, National Machinery Committee, Ministry of Machine Building and Electronics Industries.
In 1999, the administration of the Chongqing Institute of Industrial Administration was handed over from the China Weapon Industry Corporation to the Chongqing Municipal government and it was renamed to Chongqing Institute of Technology in the same year.
The year 2001 saw two more changes that further transformed the mission of the school. First, the Chongqing Institute of Economic Management was merged into the Chongqing Institute of Technology and this began the plans for the restructuring of the institutes into a university. The second major change came when the State Council Committee for Academic Degrees authorized the institutes the right to confer master’s degrees. In September 2005, the Huaxi campus added another 150 hectares to the already expanding institute.
In 2009, under the authority of the Ministry of Education, the institute was formally named the Chongqing University of Technology.
Address:No.69 Hongguang Avenue, Banan District, Chongqing, 400054Tel:86-2362563257Email:firstname.lastname@example.org © 2013 Chongqing University of Technology All rights reserved