Chongqing University of Technology (CQUT), founded in 1940, is a public university which Chongqing government attaches great importance to. CQUT has 17 secondary teaching units, 45 undergraduate majors, 22 master-degree majors, 49 scientific research organizations and 37 off-campus practice bases. CQUT has about 1,600 staff members, among which 900 are full-time teachers including 500 professors and associate professors, 650 teachers with doctorates or master's degrees, and over 30 returned overseas scholars. The number of the full-time students at CQUT is over 21,000. CQUT has one college, namely College of Business and Information, collaboratively run with Singapore PSB Academy. Teachers are wanted by that college.
A Brief Job Description
Foreign Teachers at CQUT teach 300 teaching hours (45 minutes) per semester (about 17teaching hours on average per week). Classes fall into four main types: in-class teaching (class size is limited to about 40 students), office hours (class size is about 10), English corners (once every two weeks) and lectures(once every semester). Teaching materials for in-class teaching are provided by CQUT. Office hours are the kind of teaching of chatting with students with the topics decided by both the teacher and the students.
Compensation package for Full Time ESL Teachers
- Monthly Salary (RMB): 4800, 5100 and 5500 respectively for a Bachelor’s degree, a Master’s degree, and a Doctor’s degree; 100 RMB for every extra period if the total workload exceeds 300 periods a semester.
- Paid holidays including 5-week winter vacation
- Telephone allowance: 60 Yuan/ per month
- Medical insurance
- Free return tickets for one-year contract
- Housing: free well-furnished apartment on campus with TV set, air-conditioning, fridge, hot water device, furniture and cooking utensils etc.
- Electricity and water use: free water, 600 kW free electricity
- Free internet access
- Free physical inspection
- Work visa / residence permit
- Join foreign students’ Chinese class for free
- Bachelor Degree or above- Native English Speaker
- TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate Preferred- Teaching Experience Preferred
If you are interested, please send your resume, a recent photo, a photocopy of your passport and other documents to Mr. Ronald Sun at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31st, 2013.
Chongqing University of Technology
No. 69, Hongguang Avenue, Chongqing, 400054
Mobile: +86-13983432818; +86-18996121261
Fax: +86-23-68668981Email: email@example.com
Yahoo Messenger: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address:No.69 Hongguang Avenue, Banan District, Chongqing, 400054Tel:86-2362563257Email:email@example.com © 2013 Chongqing University of Technology All rights reserved